Definition of Anemic
Of or pertaining to anemia. | (by extension) Weak; listless; lacking power, vigor, vitality, or colorfulness. | An individual who has anemia.
Short Example Sentences for Anemic
- 1. For the anemic and the florid vices need very different treatment. 🔊
How to use Anemic in Sentences?
- 1. Languid ladies were seated in wicker chairs upon the piazzas, and frail anemic girls filled the corridors. 🔊
- 2. Edith, it may be remembered, had once seen him kiss her, and had pronounced it an anemic salutation. 🔊
- 3. Caroline had beguiled the woman next her, a frail, anemic little creature with pathetic eyes, into a halting conversation. 🔊
- 4. The "old maid" of the past was a sad, anemic creature, without any means of support except the bounty of some relative. 🔊
- 5. Dodo had subsided into hopeless giggles over this remarkable tirade against the anemic generation and Edith plucked at her double-bass again as she concluded with this exclamation of scorn. 🔊
- 6. Some day you will perhaps be a great physician, if they let you go your way in peace, but greater yet will be he who can inject a new idea into this anemic people! 🔊
- 7. Even if they are anemic and rickety, ill-nourished and deformed, and even if the mothers, already overburdened and underfed, die in giving them birth? 🔊