Definition of Antebellum Of the time period prior to a war. | In the United States of America, of the period prior to the American Civil War, especially in reference to the culture of the southern states.
Short Example Sentence for Antebellum
- 1. The rattling chains; slave unrest and revolt in the antebellum South. 🔊
How to use Antebellum in a Sentence?
- 1. This ignorance is part of our general antebellum attitude toward all the world lying south and east. 🔊
- 2. It is an interesting fact that this migration from the South followed the path marked out by the Underground Railroad of antebellum days. 🔊
- 3. Unhappy marriages, like all other misfortunes of society, he was inclined to regard as entirely modern and due mainly to the decay of antebellum institutions. 🔊
- 4. Indeed, I know of no city in which, in antebellum days, taxis were so numerously distributed through almost every quarter of the town as in London. 🔊