Definition of Arboreal Of, relating to, or resembling a tree. | Living in or among trees. | Any tree-dwelling creature.
Short Example Sentences for Arboreal
How to use Arboreal in Sentences?
- 1. A similar adaptation is shared by some other arboreal mammals, and of arboreal snakes. 🔊
- 2. Next morning Pomeroy learned that his new found arboreal friend was a Persian walnut. 🔊
- 3. In the vast assemblage of the arboreal commonwealth that carpets the landscape the centuries are represented one with another. 🔊
- 4. It is manifest that the great toes have been immensely developed since there took place the change from arboreal to terrestrial habits. 🔊
- 5. In the tropics it is particularly desirable to watch for the beautiful land snails, which are almost strictly arboreal in their habits. 🔊
- 6. Of the abundant smaller mammals, none are more attractive or beautiful than the arboreal squirrels, of which several species are widely known. 🔊
- 7. In the Palæozoic age classes 3 and 4 culminated, and constituted the great mass of the arboreal vegetation. 🔊
- 8. As ever in the history of man, since the first father dropped down from his arboreal home and walked upright, so at Dawson. 🔊
- 9. As soon as our neighbors realized what horticultural possibilities our noble expanse of front yard offered they fairly overwhelmed us with floral and arboreal gifts. 🔊
- 10. Mary firmly believed that we should have got in time to our hairy ancestor with pointed ears and a tail, and have been able to ascertain whether he was arboreal in his habits or not. 🔊
- 11. This condition is adapted for the arboreal life which those animals live, leaping from branch to branch, feeding on fruits and leaves, and in some cases upon insects. 🔊