Definition of Auk Any of several species of Arctic sea birds of the family Alcidae.
How to use Auk in Sentences?
- 1. All the birds seemed to have disappeared to-day; not even a cheery little auk to be seen. 🔊
- 2. The Great Auk was never a pretty bird; it was large in size, often weighing 11 lb. 🔊
- 3. And still another time did Maiden Matanuska ask an Auk to tell her of Prince Kenai. 🔊
- 4. The little auk is no longer to be seen or heard; the only birds are an ivory-gull now and then, and occasionally a fulmar. 🔊
- 5. Two auks were lying close to the bow, and the thought of having auk for supper was too tempting; we were in want of food now. 🔊
- 6. The modern enquirer will recognize, perhaps, the great auk which once abounded on the coast, but which is now extinct. 🔊
- 7. In fact, had his suppositions been nearly correct, the remaining specimens of the great auk would have been birds of very temperate dispositions, so far as latitude was concerned. 🔊