Definition of Avocado Of a dull yellowish-green colour. | The large, usually yellowish-green or black, pulpy fruit of the avocado tree. | The avocado tree, Persea americana, of the laurel family.
How to use Avocado in Sentences?
- 1. The best-bearing avocado on the windward coast had mysteriously shed all its leaves. 🔊
- 2. Cornelius nodded to several of the soldiers, who led the supercargo away behind an avocado tree. 🔊
- 3. In Florida and southern California the avocado or alligator pear is being extensively cultivated. 🔊
- 4. Sure is nice to rub up against some Southern swells like we did that night at the Avocado Club. 🔊
- 5. There were no flower-crowned men and maidens, no brown babies rolling in the shade of the avocado trees. 🔊