Definition of Embellishing present participle of embellish | An embellishment.
How to use Embellishing in Sentences?
- 1. Bonaparte himself laughed at all the stories which were got up for the purpose of embellishing or blackening his character in early life. 🔊
- 2. Whatever subjects employed his pen, he was still improving our measures and embellishing our language. 🔊
- 3. The woodcuts which illustrate these primers serve the same purpose, embellishing and explaining the text at the same time. 🔊
- 4. That picture, at once real and ideal, displayed in its exquisiteness the miracle of two hearts saving and embellishing each other. 🔊
- 5. I began to dream of a virtuous, affectionate wife, diligent and frugal, embellishing my house by her care and order. 🔊
- 6. It seemed as if our friends no sooner heard of our purchase of a home than they became possessed of a desire to contribute toward embellishing that home. 🔊