Definition of Exhale
(intransitive) To expel air from the lungs through the nose or mouth by action of the diaphragm, to breathe out. | (transitive) To expel (something, such as tobacco smoke) from the lungs by action of the diaphragm. | (intransitive) To pass off in the form of vapour; to emerge. | (transitive) To emit (a vapour, an odour, etc.). | (transitive) To draw out; to cause to be emitted in vapour.
How to use Exhale in Sentences?
- 1. These ladies seemed to exhale an atmosphere of uncompromising and aggressive virtue. 🔊
- 2. In the winter night she seemed to him to exhale the roving sweetness of spring. 🔊
- 3. However, there are authors who seem to be too busy with their profession to foregather and exhale atmosphere. 🔊
- 4. This air is a lovely admixture of the scents of springtime, which exhale from flowers bathed in evening dew. 🔊
- 5. They retain the hydrogen and the carbon, exhale the superfluous oxygen, and absorb little or no nitrogen. 🔊
- 6. Again let them slowly inhale, hold, and exhale quickly, allowing the sides of the chest to collapse. 🔊
- 7. Huge coleas accentuate the spring verdure with heavy masses of bronze and crimson, and magnolias exhale intoxicating odours from snowy chalices. 🔊
- 8. The air that we exhale mixes with the air outside, and is rendered pure again by an automatic process that is always going on in Nature. 🔊
- 9. But, when the light is withdrawn, this process is reversed, and all vegetables exhale carbonic acid, and inspire the oxygen of the air. 🔊
- 10. As I thus communed with my own heart, I unbound my hair, that the air might exhale the mist which had gathered in its folds. 🔊
- 11. Well, she could only exhale the folly of his error with an unction that represented, whatever he might think of it, all her competence to answer for their host. 🔊
- 12. Perfumes have more than one resemblance to love, and there are even people who think love to be but a sort of perfume; it is true the flowers which exhale it are the most beautiful in creation. 🔊
- 13. La fraternité, qui s'était fort relâchée en France dans ces dernières années, fleurit de nouveau et exhale d'exquis parfums. 🔊