How to use Glibness in Sentence?
- 1. He was suddenly alarmed, and, as usual in moments of emergency, burst into his unfortunate glibness of speech. 🔊
- 2. No one could have been more surprised at my glibness than I myself, except perhaps my wife, whose attitude of strained attention had not relaxed. 🔊
- 3. He brought two men and a woman with him to prove an alibi on a charge of attempted theft, and the glibness of their answers convinced the lieutenant they were lying. 🔊
- 4. The fallen head of Ruth told him that there was no help to be looked for from her, and the crisis forced him into a certain boisterous glibness of speech. 🔊
- 5. The old definitions of the animal and the plant given with a suicidal glibness in old books on botany and zoology, when tried in the balance of criticism, are found wanting. 🔊