Definition of Glutinous
glue-like, sticky, viscid. | Of the nature of gluten. | Containing gluten.
How to use Glutinous in Sentences?
- 1. He snatched up the little skewer and dived it into the brown glutinous substance. 🔊
- 2. The foliage is glutinous with a gummy exudation, which has a rather disagreeable odor. 🔊
- 3. A mere touch of a fly's leg to the glutinous hairs was sufficient for his detention. 🔊
- 4. Then there is a rich glutinous smoothness in the pulp which nothing else possesses, but which adds to its delicacy. 🔊
- 5. Numerous shots were aimed at it, but the balls traversed its flaccid and glutinous mass without causing it any vital injury. 🔊
- 6. Corysterium: an abdominal glandular structure in certain females, secreting a glutinous covering for the eggs. 🔊
- 7. This had then been "waxed" with the glutinous ooze from the nearest rubber tree, with which the jungle abounded. 🔊
- 8. Their dark green foliage, glutinous when the leaves unfold in the spring, ranks these giant alders among the beautiful and picturesque trees. 🔊
- 9. It is not, however, carried in its bare, glutinous form; it is made into triangular, round or square masses and rolled in burned bean powder. 🔊