Definition of Glutinous glue-like, sticky, viscid. | Of the nature of gluten. | Containing gluten.
Short Example Sentence for Glutinous
How to use Glutinous in Sentence?
- 1. He snatched up the little skewer and dived it into the brown glutinous substance. 🔊
- 2. Were there no trees here that produced some sticky and glutinous substance like tar? 🔊
- 3. The foliage is glutinous with a gummy exudation, which has a rather disagreeable odor. 🔊
- 4. On November 9 we had our final trek forward, some fifteen miles through the most glutinous mud. 🔊
- 5. A mere touch of a fly's leg to the glutinous hairs was sufficient for his detention. 🔊
- 6. Then there is a rich glutinous smoothness in the pulp which nothing else possesses, but which adds to its delicacy. 🔊
- 7. Numerous shots were aimed at it, but the balls traversed its flaccid and glutinous mass without causing it any vital injury. 🔊
- 8. Corysterium: an abdominal glandular structure in certain females, secreting a glutinous covering for the eggs. 🔊
- 9. This had then been "waxed" with the glutinous ooze from the nearest rubber tree, with which the jungle abounded. 🔊
- 10. Their dark green foliage, glutinous when the leaves unfold in the spring, ranks these giant alders among the beautiful and picturesque trees. 🔊
- 11. It is not, however, carried in its bare, glutinous form; it is made into triangular, round or square masses and rolled in burned bean powder. 🔊
- 12. Bread is baked to kill the fermentation and to hold the glutinous walls of the dough in place and to cook the starch and thus make it palatable and easy to digest. 🔊
- 13. The author has found some of the staunchest champions of pisé-building living on and valiantly struggling with stiff glutinous clay and almost pure sand. 🔊