Definition of Gluttonous
Given to excessive eating; prone to overeating. | Greedy.
How to use Gluttonous in Sentences?
- 1. He passes for a mean, inflated, gluttonous creature; and was so in many senses. 🔊
- 2. I was much addicted to the excessive gluttonous eating of apples and pears, &c. 3. 🔊
- 3. But I was now about to be delivered over to the cold, cruel, gluttonous tribes of the fish. 🔊
- 4. We live in a world in which every cup of tea we drink and every pipe of tobacco we smoke pays toll to this ancient and gluttonous dragon. 🔊
- 5. The red honey-comb generally contains large numbers of dead bees, but our exceedingly gluttonous people thought little of these. 🔊
- 6. It is as wicked as Nero, as gluttonous as a cormorant; and it makes cowards, slaves, lick-spittles of some of the best of men. 🔊
- 7. Thus, having suffered such a long train of calamities on account of his good actions, he was now upon the point of losing his life for curing a gluttonous lord. 🔊