Definition of Odometer An instrument attached to the wheel of a vehicle, to measure the distance traveled. | A wheel used by surveyors, which registers distance traveled.
How to use Odometer in Sentences?
- 1. So he opened it, and leaned over to have a look at the odometer to check the mileage. 🔊
- 2. Then the odometer got broken through being jammed in some uneven ice, and it took some hours to mend it by a process of lashing. 🔊
- 3. The odometer was fastened behind the last sledge, and indicated fairly correctly the distance covered by us. 🔊
- 4. Toward half past five the odometer on one of the dog-sleds registered a distance of three-quarters of a mile made since morning. 🔊
- 5. When we stopped at 6 o'clock the odometer registered a good 7 miles, which was not so bad for a first day's work. 🔊