How to use Offshore in Sentence?
- 1. If any one had drowned offshore in the evening, they might not come ashore till the next day, he said. 🔊
- 2. The owner, or some one permitted by him, operates a long seine at that place by carrying it offshore in boats and hauling it to land. 🔊
- 3. Gusts of wind ran offshore and went hissing out to sea; and they left the waters rippling black and flecked with froth wherever they touched. 🔊
- 4. The offshore breeze was growing into a wind that blew the stars out as fast as they appeared and caused the bosom of the ocean to appear unduly agitated. 🔊
- 5. The gangway and the sailboat were soon filled by a chilly cold wind, which tried to blow it offshore and which nothing could restrain. 🔊