Onus in a sentence
Definition of Onus A legal obligation. | (uncountable) Burden of proof, onus probandi | Stigma.
Short Example Sentence for Onus
- 1. The onus of proof lay with the opposite side.
- 2. He would not have put an onus like that upon them.
- 3. In your bringing her there, lies the onus of her claim.
- 4. The onus is on them to show that the dividends have been paid out of profits.
How to use Onus in a Sentence?
- 1. Realizing that he must take on himself the onus of decision, he gave a quiet look round.
- 2. Milly Neal should not put the onus of her own recklessness and immorality upon him.
- 3. Veluti iuvenca vitans onus indomita iugi: Rapidae ducem sequuntur Gallae properipedem.
- 4. Esse levis quicunque voles, onus accipe Christi: Ala tuis humeris, non onus, illud erit.
- 5. Shorty saw this, and with his customary impudence determined to put the onus of recognition on the other side.
- 6. The death of this person had occurred by an inadvertence, and accident had thrown on me the onus of disposing of the remains.
- 7. If they are not these, we call them tomboys, still casting the onus of sinfulness upon the other sex.
- 8. The whole onus of work here is on my shoulders; every one comes to me for advice and assistance, which is purely absurd.
- 9. Whatever Esme's responsibility, he did not believe that she would shirk the onus of it.
- 10. In some curious way she felt as though he had thrown the whole onus of coming to a decision, unaided by advice, upon her shoulders.
- 11. The Christian forces of the Empire have the onus of maintaining the national outlook at this high level.
- 12. Duzentos contos tinham sido aliviados ao onus da despeza, quando as hostilidades, pouco tempo clandestinas, romperam clamorosas.