Definition of Onus
A legal obligation. | (uncountable) Burden of proof, onus probandi | Stigma. | Blame. | Responsibility; burden.
How to use Onus in Sentences?
- 1. Realizing that he must take on himself the onus of decision, he gave a quiet look round. 🔊
- 2. Veluti iuvenca vitans onus indomita iugi: Rapidae ducem sequuntur Gallae properipedem. 🔊
- 3. Shorty saw this, and with his customary impudence determined to put the onus of recognition on the other side. 🔊
- 4. The death of this person had occurred by an inadvertence, and accident had thrown on me the onus of disposing of the remains. 🔊
- 5. The whole onus of work here is on my shoulders; every one comes to me for advice and assistance, which is purely absurd. 🔊
- 6. In some curious way she felt as though he had thrown the whole onus of coming to a decision, unaided by advice, upon her shoulders. 🔊
- 7. The Christian forces of the Empire have the onus of maintaining the national outlook at this high level. 🔊