Definition of Opportunist Someone who takes advantage of any opportunity to advance their own situation, placing expediency above principle.
How to use Opportunist in Sentence?
- 1. Kuomintang) New Life movement, 61 O Opportunist movements, 44ff. 🔊
- 2. The successful man is the opportunist who does what he thinks to be right at the moment, whatever views he may have held on the subject before. 🔊
- 3. There is no 'most favoured' nation in the American character, which in this respect is opportunist to the greatest degree. 🔊
- 4. The opportunist politician is like a man who should abandon billiards because he was beaten at billiards, and abandon golf because he was beaten at golf. 🔊
- 5. Proalien and defeatist movements have been opportunist in practical matters; "strong man" philosophies have served the causes of individual ambitions. 🔊
- 6. He was, in this, what is now called an opportunist, and he was also an opportunist in believing that though in politics you can choose your aim, you can very rarely choose your means. 🔊