Definition of Ornery (Appalachia) Cantankerous, stubborn, disagreeable. | (humorous, Southern US) Mischievous, prankish, teasing, disagreeable but in a good way. | (obsolete) Commonplace, inferior.
Short Example Sentence for Ornery
- 1. What do you mean by the ornery ones? 🔊
- 2. He's an ornery kind uv a cuss. 🔊
- 3. Now jest look at that ornery feller comin' up the road! 🔊
- 4. Human nature is ornery as the devil, ain't it now? 🔊
- 5. I'll take care of the ornery jaspers until you get your hand in. 🔊
- 6. Wal, that night, a blamed ornery thief come 'long and stole all them potatoes. 🔊
How to use Ornery in Sentence?
- 1. That ornery low-down pup that come and stole my dish pan must of took all my sheets too! 🔊
- 2. That damn Farnham swore out that warrant down in San Juan, ther blame, ornery cur. 🔊
- 3. Well, of all the mean, ornery skunks I ever met up with, that Ossie Fredericks takes the cake. 🔊
- 4. A-course, the parson 'd no more'n stopped, when out comes that ornery purp of Dutchy's. 🔊
- 5. This should meet all contingencies, such as some patron out there getting downright ornery and putting a couple of extra buttonholes in my vest by the six-gun slug method. 🔊