Definition of Overzealous Too zealous; too enthusiastic or fervent.
How to use Overzealous in Sentence?
- 1. Millions were spent by the overzealous in machinery and mills not adapted to the country's needs. 🔊
- 2. Others have met with accidental death in melodramatic scenes at the hands of their overzealous brother actors. 🔊
- 3. It is a very common complaint against Catholics, laymen as well as clergy, that they are overzealous in their attempts to proselytize. 🔊
- 4. He rather resented the way Newell, the overzealous member of the local committee, harried him about it. 🔊
- 5. Again the public came to know George Washington, not by his own words, but by those attributed to him by an overzealous stylist-pedant. 🔊
- 6. Then there were innumerable details of printing and scenery to be decided upon, and certain overzealous minor actors came to him to ask about their wigs and their facial make-up. 🔊