How to use Placated in a Sentence?
- 1. He placated trouble makers, and dispensed justice in an endeavor to give universal satisfaction. 🔊
- 2. He should have kissed it, even gone on his knees to do it, and placated her with a laughing extravagance. 🔊
- 3. They went to church and placated their god, and swore they believed certain things the acts of their lives repudiated. 🔊
- 4. But a few whiffs of her pipe placated her and, observing Cecily sigh, she asked her kindly what was the matter. 🔊
- 5. How clear and lucid the beauty of the place seemed to-day, from the brightness of the sea and the firm modeling of the mountains to the bloom of the placated earth! 🔊
- 6. No one was convinced or placated by these assurances; far better as policy than so ignominious an attempt at hedging would have been the acknowledgment to all the world of the noble crime of patriotism. 🔊
- 7. That idol, charm, or plant, as the case may be, is believed for the time to be the residence of a spirit which is to be placated by offerings of some kind of food. 🔊