Definition of Wittingly in a witting manner, intentionally, on purpose
How to use Wittingly in Sentence?
- 1. Mr. Pierce would not, I think, have wittingly suppressed anything that told against him. 🔊
- 2. On the other hand, the fence-cutting girl would believe that he had wittingly joined in an unequal and unmanly pursuit. 🔊
- 3. It was a Socratic doctrine which we find again alluded to in this chapter, that no evil is ever willingly or wittingly done. 🔊
- 4. Their counsel which they may confide to me, whether by their envoys or their letter, I will, to their injury, wittingly disclose to no man. 🔊
- 5. The sound he at last most wittingly distinguished in his nook was the single deep note of half-past five borne to him from some high-perched public clock. 🔊
- 6. His thoughts, at all events, sank down deep into those sunless channels where even he himself declined wittingly to follow them though keeping watch. 🔊