Adjectives for Axes | Words to describe Axes
How do you describe Axes?
- 1. There must have been over a couple of hundred of them, tall, ferocious-looking villains, armed with long spears and heavy axes. 🔊
- 2. At daylight men crowded the bank, the bend watchers strung out and took up their positions, and white-water men stood by with sharp axes to break out the rollways. 🔊
- 3. We thus get a crucial form of radiation, in which the body may be described as having one main axis (in the direction of motion) crossed by two other shorter but equal axes at right angles to it and to each other. 🔊
- 4. Beads, shells, tobacco, needles, awls, cotton caps, handkerchiefs, clasp-knives, small axes, spear and arrow heads, generally answer this purpose. 🔊
- 5. Old jackets, shirts, cloth, and even rags, were in more esteem than the best edge-tool we could give them; consequently they got but few axes from us but what were given as presents. 🔊