How do you describe Clime?
- 1. The people should be amphibious, who live here, to enable them to visit their neighbours: in a southern clime what a delightful spot it might be! 🔊
- 2. She died, pining for the genial air of her own sunny clime, leaving the impress of her virtues and her graces on the character of one of her sons. 🔊
- 3. I was writing late at night in the cool evening air, as was my wont in that oppressive tropical clime, and a knock was heard at my door. 🔊
- 4. One may rightly say that the Polish ladies inspired with jealousy the charming women of every other civilised clime. 🔊
- 5. They gave up the comforts and refinements of a civilized country, and came, as pilgrims, to a hard soil, a cold clime, and a heathen shore. 🔊
- 6. This was equivalent to horse-stealing in a more mellow clime, so he hit only the high places across Bennett and down Tagish, and made his first camp a full hundred miles to the north. 🔊