Adjectives for Despondency | Words to describe Despondency
How do you describe Despondency?
- 1. These three or four instances I speak of were cases of extreme despondency, but my usual mental condition is extremely unhappy. 🔊
- 2. Hints in his letters, and the deep despondency which increased after this, indicate, however, that the humbly-born genius never forgot his beautiful dream. 🔊
- 3. The merry black eyes seemed to see everything, the voice had an honest sound, and the sun-burnt face looked several years younger since the unnatural despondency had gone out of it. 🔊
- 4. Peter, in great despondency, confessed that he was unable to pay the claims, and left it to the sheriff to appraise his house, glass-works, stable, and horses and carriage. 🔊
- 5. He ran up the steps and rang for her, and after she had gone in, Esther saw him, dramatic despondency in every drooping muscle, walk sorrowfully away. 🔊