How do you describe Leave?
- 1. It was only the evening before that we had dined together and he had told me what he was going to do with his next leave. 🔊
- 2. The papers state that General R. B. Mitchell has gone home on sick leave. 🔊
- 3. I took a cordial leave of the Abbe Grimani, and I proceeded to Fort Saint Andre. 🔊
- 4. I had been in more or less frequent communication with both of them during my sick leave, and when we began to discuss the situation we dispensed with preliminaries. 🔊
- 5. Among these was Padre Aquaviva, who, before his departure, wished to take a personal leave of the Emperor. 🔊
- 6. In less than twelve hours after Maitland had taken his final leave, I was engaged in an animated flirtation with Lord Frederick de Burgh. 🔊
- 7. So I obtained a short leave of absence, and started the next morning in the coach for D----. 🔊