Adjectives for Monoplane | Words to describe Monoplane
How do you describe Monoplane?
- 1. He succeeded in building a small monoplane which in some ways resembled the Bleriot, except in its habits of flight. 🔊
- 2. Professor Langley had already perfected his first monoplane to such an extent that short flights were successfully made with a light steam-propelled model. 🔊
- 3. The messenger boy who had just entered the hangar of the great prize monoplane of the aero meet at Columbus, stared wonderingly about him while the man in charge of the place receipted for the telegram. 🔊
- 4. If the aeroplane has two such planes, one back of the other, it is still called a monoplane, or, more definitely, a tandem monoplane; but if one of the planes is above the other it is called a biplane. 🔊
- 5. The first man to study seriously the effects of air pressure on plane surfaces was an Englishman named Sir George Cayley, who in 1810 drew up plans for a flying machine somewhat resembling the modern monoplane. 🔊