Adjectives for Retribution | Words to describe Retribution
How do you describe Retribution?
- 1. The Pope though bigoted and fanatical was sternly upright, and discovering the crimes of his nephews visited unsparing retribution upon them. 🔊
- 2. It is plain that Mr. Caleb Cushing has begun to feel a wholesome dread of this posthumous retribution. 🔊
- 3. If the two Houses of Parliament chose to turn their motherland into a slaughter-house, dire retribution would be sure to fall upon them some day. 🔊
- 4. Whether or not the report of the physician was unfavourable, influenced by some means Homma had fear the man might die before a public retribution was secured. 🔊
- 5. The fact may not be important otherwise than as giving us an instance (if Walpole be correct) of the righteous judgment of heaven in visiting a murderer with such fearful retribution. 🔊