How do you describe Shrieks?
- 1. As for the two white mice, after one glance at the ship, they gave two little shrieks and hid their faces in their paws. 🔊
- 2. Mad Sal drowned his words with her wild shrieks, while she continued to wave her staff as if in the performance of an incantation. 🔊
- 3. With frantic shrieks she rushed up to the burning buildings, called her children by name, and almost in despair ran into the burning barn. 🔊
- 4. He lashed the Sea from Pole to Pole; it thundered on the shore, and burst into wild shrieks of triumph. 🔊
- 5. For a while he persisted in his psalmody, but at length, without warning, he rushed upon his tormentors, and with angry shrieks endeavoured to take revenge. 🔊
- 6. He turned to meet them, but their rush ended as quickly as it began: only a step or two they came, then stopped, to add their wild voices to the confusion of ear-splitting shrieks that rose from all sides. 🔊
- 7. He opened the door, and we slipped out, followed for some distance along the trail by the deserted youngster's ear-splitting shrieks. 🔊