How do you describe Sinne?
- 1. The more the pitty; would the hart of man Were not so open wide to entertaine The harmfull baites of selfe-devouring sinne! 🔊
- 2. God strengthen me with patience to endure This chastisement, which I confesse too small A punishment for this my hainous sinne. 🔊
- 3. I feare thy soule will burne in flames of hell, Unless repentance wash wash away thy sinne With clensing teares of true contrition. 🔊
- 4. First we enjoyne thee, upon paine of death, To give no succour to thy wicked sire, But let him perrish in his damned sinne, And pay the price of such a treacherie. 🔊
- 5. Next, wife and children must be disposest, Of lands and goods, and turnde to beggerie; But most of all, his great and hainous sinne, Will be an eye-sore to his guiltlesse kinne. 🔊