Adjectives for Spike | Words to describe Spike
How do you describe Spike?
- 1. They are arranged in a three-sided spike, on two sides of which the long spurs interlace and cross one another in quite a warlike manner. 🔊
- 2. In one of the latter a man with a huge beam sticking out of one eye is represented as looking superciliously with the other at a man with an insignificant spike projecting. 🔊
- 3. An instrument consisting of a sharp spike of iron projecting about one-sixteenth of an inch from a handle with broad shoulders is placed against the scalp of the suspects and the handle struck a sharp blow. 🔊
- 4. Should individual fitting prove impracticable, get an old LOW California riding-tree and have a blacksmith bolt an upright spike on the cantle. 🔊
- 5. While the last spike was being driven, telegraphic wires were in connection with all the larger cities, and at each stroke of the hammer, the wires rang signal bells from the Atlantic to the Pacific. 🔊