Adjectives for Sponge | Words to describe Sponge
How do you describe Sponge?
- 1. There had been rain more than once of late, and this deluge made the road, already bad, soft and greasy as an outworn sponge. 🔊
- 2. Then like a huge, black, sweet-scented sponge the darkening night seemed to swoop down and wipe him right off the face of the earth. 🔊
- 3. It appears that previously to the discovery of iodine as a medicinal agent, our author used the burnt sponge in bronchocele, a disease very common in the neighbourhood of Nottingham, where he practices. 🔊
- 4. But the natural sponge beds are being rapidly exhausted, and the Bureau of Fisheries is convinced that the continuation of the sponge fisheries must depend on artificial planting. 🔊
- 5. The effort to force the truth upon the charged sponge is an exercise of mental muscle akin to the beating of the air, deprecated by the Apostle to the Gentiles. 🔊
- 6. With a wet sponge and some drops of eau-de-cologne 🔊