Adjectives for Taper | Words to describe Taper
How do you describe Taper?
- 1. The disordered taper emitted a broad flaring flame, and threw a strong light on a painting over the fire-place, which I had not hitherto observed. 🔊
- 2. This solitary taper of truth, struggling across a howling wilderness of darkness, had it been ever totally extinguished, could probably never have been reillumined. 🔊
- 3. Its beams the ever-burning taper throws, While ever waning, fades the glimmering light, As gathering darkness doth around it close! 🔊
- 4. In the course of the day it laps up with its darting tongue, and sucks in through its long taper snout a dozen eggs, and almost the whole of a rabbit, chopped into a fine mince-meat. 🔊
- 5. In every house they passed, where the shades had not been drawn, they could see a tree, standing all ready for the lighting, from gift-laden base to top-most taper. 🔊
- 6. I was shown into a room with three straw-covered wooden bedsteads, a rough table, lit by a lighted taper in a saucer of oil, a rough seat, and the naked earth floor. 🔊