How do you describe Throb?
- 1. At last they were away, and the noises ceased; there was only the regular throb of the machinery, the sound of the water churned by the screw. 🔊
- 2. As she looked upon the little knot of white-faced northern barons, her knees trembled and her heart gave a great throb of pity. 🔊
- 3. So that no soul in which the Divine image is not totally obscured, can know of the misery of another, without a sympathetic throb of sorrow. 🔊
- 4. Not till I had heard the familiar throb of the propeller in motion for a long time, did I come forth. 🔊
- 5. All that are sensitive to music can feel, as I have said, the new throb, the new thrill; and that decides the matter. 🔊
- 6. Now he let it rush in on him, all through him, all over him, flooding his mind and spirit, making his heart swell and his blood surge and his nerves ache and his limbs throb and quiver. 🔊
- 7. Again and again Egwina found her glance wandering to his face, and she caught herself listening to his voice as he spoke to Hilda, with a strange throb of the heart. 🔊