Short & Simple Example Sentence For Abrasion | Abrasion Sentence
How To Use Abrasion In A Sentence?
- To become infected it is not necessary that there be an abrasion of the mucous membrane.
- By this method abrasion of the surface seldom results and air-bells are unknown.
- These vessels are remarkably well preserved and exhibit few traces of abrasion by use or of blackening over fire.
- Shore erosion is there at a minimum in spite of the abrasion produced by the ice-packs when forced landward by the wind.
- The fossiliferous rocks that formed the primeval sea-beds could only be deposited by the abrasion from the anterior and higher rocks.
- In applying this ointment it is necessary to make sure that there is no wound or abrasion of the skin through which absorption might take place.
- The denudation and abrasion of innumerable ages, wrought by slow persistent action of weather and water on an upheaved mountain mass, are here made visible.
- Two medium-sized perforations for suspension have been made near the inner margin of one of the bosses next the dotted zone; these show abrasion by the cord of suspension.
Definition of Abrasion
The act of abrading, wearing, or rubbing off; the wearing away by friction. [First attested in the mid 17th century.] | (obsolete) The substance thus rubbed off; debris. [First attested in the mid 18th century.] | (geology) The effect of mechanical erosion of rock, especially a river bed, by rock fragments scratching and scraping it. [First attested in the mid 19th century.]
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Abrasion in a sentence
sentence with Abrasion
Abrasion used in a sentence
Abrasion make sentence
make sentence with Abrasion
make sentence of Abrasion
Abrasion sentence in english