Abstainer in a sentence
Definition of Abstainer Agent noun of abstain; one who abstains; especially, one who abstains from something, such as the use of alcohol or drugs, or one who abstains for religious reasons; one who practices self-denial. [First attested around 1350 to 1470.]
Short Example Sentence for Abstainer
- 1. The reader is aware that he had never been a pledged abstainer at any time.
- 2. There was one sober man, a complete abstainer and a favourite.
- 3. We know that Pythagoras himself was not a total abstainer from flesh.
How to use Abstainer in a Sentence?
- 1. He had been a total abstainer from sentiment, as one may say, for sixty hours, and this was his only glass.
- 2. All this must the wild abstainer feel, as he rolls in the long soaking grass, kicks his ecstatic heels to heaven, and listens to the roaring rain.
- 3. For it is still an old-fashioned country tavern of the prettiest type, destined to make even the total abstainer wonder whether he be so absolutely in the right after all.
- 4. He was not an attractive person, and did not look like an abstainer from alcoholic liquor, but just then he was evidently in the more aggressive humor because, for the time being, he was wholly sober.