How to use Acquiescent in Sentences?
- 1. Jackson complied with an affectation of acquiescent gayety ludicrous to behold. 🔊
- 2. In this election the opponents of his father's policy were acquiescent rather than content. 🔊
- 3. Doubtless some of the acquiescent wights entertained a vague wonder how the army contrived to fare onward bereft of his advice. 🔊
- 4. A mere acquiescent waiting for Fate to come and lead them into paradise is contrary to their spirit. 🔊
- 5. Neb was acquiescent and the boatswain and his charge were soon discussing a hearty meal with molasses, vinegar and water for a beverage instead of coffee. 🔊