Short & Simple Example Sentence For After | After Sentence
- She was to be a singer after all.
- Mile after mile the wearisome struggle continues.
- There was a call after each of the last three acts....
- Page 106: Missin period inserted after common.
- Soon after Mr. Grandly bade the ladies good-bye.
- Period after ELDER replaced with comma.
- The relative pronoun should come, as a rule, immediately after its antecedent.
- Page 67: Period after FORAGING replaced with colon.
How To Use After In A Sentence?
- But is not this imputation, which draws after itself pain and death, also an evil?
- Margaret Howes looked after her with approval in spite of her own disappointed hopes.
- But after a pleasant talk of many hours the purple and fine linen used to ride away baffled.
- The death of her father and her dear mother, so sudden, following so soon one after the other.
- I'll go the very first minute after I've straightened you up and had some breakfast.
- Night after night, sometimes until six in the morning, Hubert sat up considering them.
- The Bhutya, tired of green peas and young wheat, looked after us and followed us at a gentle trot.
- Indeed, after such a concession, this is the only position which can be taken in opposition to the doctrine in question.
- Hence this holiness, after all the means and the ability were given to him, must be left to the will of the creature himself.
- If a parenthetic expression is preceded by a conjunction, place the first comma before the conjunction, not after it.
- In a series of three or more terms with a single conjunction, use a comma after each term except the last.
- For the little columns came pouring in day after day, bringing all sorts of folk who were pining for their letters.
- I had gone there, immediately after arriving in camp, with my commanding officer to see what could be got out of the place.
- I was a bit weak after my attack of mountain sickness, and stuck to my pony's back the whole way.
- In a series of three or more terms with a single conjunction, use a comma after each term except the last 7 3.
- And a few days after she sent Annie with a note, reminding him of his promise to read her what he had written.
- The officer would then probably produce his hand-camera and snapshot the head lama, after which he would try to get to business.
- Though this doctrine is ascribed to Manes, after whom it is called, it is of a far more early origin.
- When the people departed from his kingdom, God stood by him and moved him to pursue after them with increased malice and revenge.
- Surely, after so clear a process of reasoning, no one can possibly doubt the proposition that Descartes did not make himself!
- For after emerging from the pine forest a few miles below Dhota we came on to a hillside on which grew ever so little of the deadly aconite plant.
- At length we began to climb a little, ever so little, and after two more days reached Lingtam in pouring rain.
- Breakfast over, she did her errand, and after a short walk in the Park she came back to find Rosamond in a flush of fever.
- Elinor promised for Bruce and after a little chat Patricia left, feeling that she was making quite a concession to the family tie.
- It was impossible after the success of my bathers to go back to the bacon, so I thought I would circumvent the hauthorities.
- And this difficulty, so appalling at first view, remains just as great after all that the most enlightened advocates of that scheme have advanced as it was before.
- The liberty for which he contends, is, after all his labours, precisely that advocated by Hobbes and Collins, and no other.
- Patricia came into her bedroom to turn out the light for her after she was in bed, and as she had her hand on the button, she gave a little start of remembrance.
- Houses and rice-barns stand on high poles, after the Malay fashion, which originated in the malarious districts of the Lowlands.
- And after the human mind has thus furnished itself with the facts of the solar system, it has proceeded but a small way toward a knowledge of the system itself.
- Is it not strange that Mr. Hazlitt, after adopting this definition of liberty, should have supposed that he allowed a real freedom to the will?
- It is wonderful to observe the style of criticism usually adopted by the faithful, as one illustrious rebel after another is seen to depart from their ranks.
Definition of After
(dated) Later; second (of two); next, following, subsequent | (nautical, where the frame of reference is within the ship) At or towards the stern of a ship. | Subsequently to; following in time; later than.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
After in a sentence
sentence with After
After used in a sentence
After make sentence
make sentence with After
make sentence of After
After sentence in english