Short & Simple Example Sentence For Agony | Agony Sentence
- Mauriri was in an agony of apprehension.
- She knew his agony of soul.
- Dicksie screamed in an agony of terror.
- She knitted her brows in the agony of calculation.
- Every line of his face proclaimed his agony of mind.
- It was pitiful the scream of agony that bear sent up.
- I pitied the agony of the professional weather forecaster.
- On the third day his agony of thirst had become unbearable.
- The agony was past, and Pathema was resigned.
- The agony in his heart was therefore all the more unbearable.
- She reached out her thin arms to him in an agony of supplication.
- The poor waif suffered many hours of agony alone in his garret.
- Others, more reverent, suffer the agony of augmenting shines.
- He himself, lying in his death agony as it were, told me the story.
- Your Mother's name was an agony on your lips.
How To Use Agony In A Sentence?
- I had never seen him weep before; his had always been agony rather than sorrow.
- In the centre of the great lofty room he lay and wrestled with an agony that was almost unceasing.
- There was an agony of hope in the appeal, as of one who sees at hand unexpected deliverance.
- His agony was beyond description and did not cease until half-past ten, when he died.
- I tried to call out, but in that moment of agony and horror my tongue refused to articulate.
- He longed for night, and he gazed with agony upon the face of his ever-youthful love.
- They laugh at the agony of unbelievers, mock at their tears, and of their sorrows make a jest.
- Bereft even of the courage to die, they kneeled, praying that the agony of death might be past.
- His eyes were strained and bloodshot, and his whole appearance was that of a person in an agony of terror.
- Then she stamped both feet up and down like an angry child and flung herself face down on the couch in an agony of tears.
- She could not speak, but in the agony of her terror she threw her arms around and clasped him wildly.
- There is a delight even in the parting agony of two lovers worth a thousand tame pleasures of the world.
- Although in great agony he suffered me to carry him to a neighbouring hay-rick, from whence we removed him to his cottage.
- After the years of civil wars which he had lived through in agony of spirit, it is not strange that such a mission seemed to him supreme.
- Thus she had written in her agony and desperation, and sent with the letter the sum of one hundred and ten pounds.
- In an agony of apprehension, the women clutched their skirts tight about them, protesting and scolding the while.
- She remembered the agony of those few minutes on the preceding day, when nothing but what still seemed a miracle had saved him.
- Suddenly a vibrating spasm of agony shot through her teeth and flew up like veins of red-hot fluid into her cheeks and eyes.
- All that day, and for many days after, she almost forgot the terrible problem of her marriage in the agony of her nerves.
- In an agony of fear she searched her memory for the events of the past month, trying to recall any symptom of illness that should have warned her.
- During the last hour of his agony his wife knelt beside his couch without let or hindrance, and wept inconsolably.
- It was either hearsay, or given by persons utterly unworthy of credit, or wrung from the accused by agony and torture.
- Whether his head reeled with the terrible uproar around, or that his mind gave way between agony and doubt, who can tell?
- I saw in her pallid and wasted features; in the prompt terror and subdued agony of her eye a whole history of a mind broken down by tyranny.
- A terrible spasm seized him, doubling him up right there before her, turning him grey, and jerking a groan of agony from the very depths of him.
Definition of Agony
Violent contest or striving. | Extreme pain | (biblical) The sufferings of Jesus Christ in the garden of Gethsemane.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Agony in a sentence
sentence with Agony
Agony used in a sentence
Agony make sentence
make sentence with Agony
make sentence of Agony
Agony sentence in english