Short & Simple Example Sentence For Amid | Amid Sentence
- Overland sat down amid applause.
- With the birds amid the ling.
- He sat down amid boisterous applause.
- To merry birds that sing amid the trees.
- She stood unscathed amid the hail of stones and arrows.
- The lights came on amid furious and genuine applause.
- Pep was the first to discover a commotion amid the crowds ahead.
- He was to be serious and silent amid mountains of feminine under linen.
- They could anticipate his forlorn call amid that desolate scene.
- It was amid such scenes that the Indian boy grew to manhood.
- He sat down amid vociferous cries of "Hear!
- And thou, a ghost, amid the entombing trees Didst glide away.
- The larks still bravely singing, fly, Scarce heard amid the guns below.
- I saw a thousand dreams,--yet One amid all dreaming.
How To Use Amid In A Sentence?
- Now they were encompassed with shawls; and now they were amid colonnades of rolls of carpet.
- Putting spurs to his horse and bending low over his neck he escaped amid a shower of bullets.
- She left the house amid the whistling of balls, one of which killed one of her servants.
- O-liver sitting down amid thunders of applause let his eyes go for the moment to Jane.
- Late that night I found myself alone with Margaret amid the debris of the gathering.
- It is amid its storms and tribulations that a man learns to be something more than an inhabited dress-suit.
- A yellow something lay amid the dust and rubbish, which on inspection turned out to be a gold pencil-case.
- However, in the open air and amid the general emotion, this modest overture performed its part acceptably.
- The light which irradiated the image of Patty transfigured the events and circumstances amid which he moved.
- His resolute countenance gave them hope; his resonant voice rang out strong and clear amid the clamour and spurred them to resist.
- Men talk about courage on the battle-field, the facing of danger amid the conflict of armed hosts, and the crash of battle.
- The seamen had scarcely dipped their oars a second time, when a sudden glancing of arms amid the sand-hills warned the troops to expect opposition.
- One hand clutched his shirt collar, the other hand brandished the pig, and amid the vast uproar of a delighted kingdom she royally swatted him.
- Moreover, he had not been very well of late, and he had felt that he should be rather a drag amid the gayeties of the London season.
- Here the gaunt cliffs rise to great wild gardens, draped with soft rose and poignant red amid drowsy undertones of gray and green and gold.
- Such were the inspiring thoughts amid which the boys in field gray trooped off to die for Kaiser and Empire.
- The walls and pillars stand bare, the roof has gone, and half the tower, whose bells lie buried on the ground amid the wreckage.
- But as we grow older we see how much greater he was when, seated amid the ruins, he sent his scornful message to Rome.
- She knelt there amid the fallen leaves, her face raised, her lips parted, her eyes shining as surely never human eyes have shone before.
- Nothing in all history surpasses the record of his indomitable courage and cheerfulness in the most hopeless situations, and amid the most frightful hardships.
- Several others now came forward, amid mingled expostulations and encouragement; but Keith took the first two, and they prepared to enter.
- This was drank amid renewed peals, with all the honors; and I had abundant time before the uproar was over, to wish every man of them hanged.
- They would take her up to London for the season; and, amid the healthy excitement of balls and parties, her girlish fancy would evaporate.
- He then went with his father to Flanders to study the profession of an officer amid active warfare; and, thus engaged, seven years soon passed.
- The week of fate opened on Monday, July 27, amid general expectations that the worst had become inevitable.
- Suddenly, amid the silence of the night and of her own thoughts, it seemed to her as if whispering voices and stealthy footsteps were approaching the doors of the pavilion.
Definition of Amid
Surrounded by; in the middle of; in the center of.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Amid in a sentence
sentence with Amid
Amid used in a sentence
Amid make sentence
make sentence with Amid
make sentence of Amid
Amid sentence in english