Short & Simple Example Sentence For Assent | Assent Sentence
- To this he had to assent that they were not.
- Cornelius bowed his assent with a shudder.
- George made the sign of assent expected of him.
- There was an audible murmur of assent from the people.
- A short nod of assent was her reply.
- The waiter bowed his assent and retired.
- She made no sign either of assent or dissent.
- And the mother nodded assent and smiled through her tears.
- The man made a sign of assent and withdrew.
- A strong chorus in assent murmured around the board.
- She could hear a muffled assent as she left the room.
- I assent me well thereto, said the king.
- I assent me, said Arthur.
- He is thereon asked, Does he assent to the formula?
- And who can compel you not to assent to an appearance that is true?
- And who can compel you to assent to an appearance that is false?
- That assent he felt that he should not be able to give in person.
- He was so frightened that he even nodded assent to her last words.
- The nurse's smiles of assent are beaming.
- I see that when you gave your assent you had something else in your mind.
- A murmur of assent went around the circle as the speaker resumed his seat.
- But she was a passing good woman, and would not assent unto the king.
- I cannot imagine Lincoln refusing his assent to this measure.
- The main thing, then, is to give intellectual assent to dogma and creed.
- It only needed the word of assent to start Frank on his mission of rescue.
How To Use Assent In A Sentence?
- The others nodded their assent and an instant later the machine darted southward at a rapid gait.
- To this arrangement it would appear that Honora yielded a more implicit assent than her lover.
- The chief bowed a dignified assent to this proposition, which, however, he hardly understood.
- Chester and Colonel Anderson nodded their assent and the machine moved forward again.
- Assent, O men, that no man can assent to aught; believe us that no man can believe any one.
- And then by one assent Sir Gaheris and Sir Dinadan went betwixt them, and departed them in-sunder.
- Nay, why is it that the axiom of causation needs only to be announced to command the immediate assent of the whole human race?
- I had the strength of mind to make a sign of assent and busied myself arranging a couple of pillows at one end of the sofa.
- Revenge, and the hope of gaining the wealth of the hostile merchant, made them yield assent at once to the project of assassination.
- But such arguments, we may well hope, will no longer win the uncritical assent that they have sometimes found.
- There was a unanimous assent as the boys crowded around the motorcycle, looking at it almost with the rapt intentness of worshippers at a shrine.
- Huish nodded assent and turned away, hailed the first hansom, and jumped in, the man smiling at him in a friendly way.
- If one had said he was twenty, you would assent to the proposition; if pronounced to be thirty, you would consider it near the mark.
- Is his assent ever hasty; or his desire idle; or his pursuit in vain; or his avoidance unsuccessful; or his aim unfulfilled?
- But the family of Abbas, which now numbered 30,000 persons, refused their assent to this renunciation of the rights of their line.
Definition of Assent
(intransitive) To agree; to give approval. | (intransitive) To admit a thing as true. | agreement; act of agreeing
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Assent in a sentence
sentence with Assent
Assent used in a sentence
Assent make sentence
make sentence with Assent
make sentence of Assent
Assent sentence in english