Battlements In A Sentence
Short & Simple Example Sentence For Battlements | Battlements Sentence
- Owls on the battlements answer me.
- Once more the lookouts on the battlements cheered.
- With the firm battlements of special action.
- It was reflected from battlements of fairy beauty.
- The towers are topped with large battlements and pinnacles.
- Because castle battlements are not usually snow-white.
- To see them swarm their battlements ere night.
- Two sentinels paced the very battlements overlooking this court.
- The buttresses rise some way above the battlements of the aisles.
- The aisle buttresses end some little way below the battlements of the aisle.
- Between outer wall and inner battlements galloped squadrons of mounted men.
- The broker held firm, assisted by the battlements of the church.
- Out from the battlements poured a storm of arrows, a cloud of javelins.
- The walls and battlements or some good Fate had protected them.
- The great stone courts, balconies, and battlements were quite deserted.
- Around a corner of the broken battlements raced the serpent Shape.
- Hugh and Dick kneeling side by side behind the battlements of the gateway.
- I stood upon the battlements of my palace at Herodium and saw the sun go down.
- The walls and battlements of St. Loup were strong and well defended.
How To Use Battlements In A Sentence?
- He then asked that the heads should be removed from the battlements and given decent burial.
- They were strengthened by buttresses and crowned by battlements painted in brilliant colors.
- He could not have made his collections or built his battlements in a mood of indifference.
- Plumes of palms and faintly-seen ridges of snowy hills appear over the battlements of the roof.
- By evening, too, the battlements of the castle had been raised on all four sides.
- Ruins and blasted towers, battlements and cement grottoes, were still the fashion.
- I hoped the lion would not go that way, for it led to great broken battlements of rim.
- The towers were all standing in those days, the battlements intact; at every gate stood a guard.
- Very far away, one huge fellow raised phantom battlements from the ghostly waters of a mirage.
- Helen appears on the battlements of Troy, watching the conflict, accompanied only by her maidens.
- At the moment he was thinking of some fair-faced chatelaine roaming under the battlements of a donjon.
- These battlements are pierced with cusped circles, below them is a cornice ornamented with foliage.
- Wood had also been used for the repair of the battlements on the gable of the porch under the centre arch of the west front.
- They had caught sight of the lord of the village leaning on the battlements of his tower, watching the massacre.
- It did not seem possible that at last she was going to enter the big school building with towers and battlements enough for a fortress.
- How then, if being lame thou canst not mount up on the battlements alone, but with the help of another it is possible?
- As there was no staircase from his room to the roof, he determined to mount to the battlements by means of a water-pipe adjacent to his window.
- On both sides of the gate, and on the broad front wall, are pyramidical battlements with tapering ends.
- They were drawn up in battle array upon the north side of the river, spoke those who had gone to the battlements to look.
- But if a suitor cannot answer my question I cut off his head and hang it on the battlements of the citadel.
- He pointed out the dim loveliness of the city below, towers and battlements and the airy span of a bridge against the gray-gold sky.
Definition of Battlements
plural of battlement
What other website visitors are viewing?
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Battlements in a sentence
sentence with Battlements
Battlements used in a sentence
Battlements make sentence
make sentence with Battlements
make sentence of Battlements
Battlements sentence in english