Definition of Behoove (chiefly US) Alternative form of behove.
Short Example Sentence for Behoove
- 1. Under these circumstances, I think, it does not behoove us to be too severe. 🔊
How to use Behoove in a Sentence?
- 1. Will it not behoove me to cultivate all my virtues and eradicate all my defects? 🔊
- 2. But it does not behoove us to imitate such instances, much less to establish them as a right. 🔊
- 3. Therefore it does not behoove any active man to make gratuitous additions of a peculiar nature to the law of business. 🔊
- 4. So, it should behoove me to be put through the expiatory system to atone for my sins of having done well and more than the usual effort. 🔊
- 5. In all ways, it behooved men to quit simulacra and return to fact; cost what it might, that did behoove to be done. 🔊
- 6. It will behoove me to show myself as little as possible, else people will think I have fought a pitched battle. . . . 🔊
- 7. It is this last point which is clearly and forcibly presented in the article of our contributor, and which it will behoove the Reformers not to overlook. 🔊
- 8. And does it not behoove us, now that we have started a medico-musical-mental treatment of this poor body of ours, to beware lest we shorten its existence rather than prolong it. 🔊
- 9. It would behoove us to remember, perhaps, that the eras of great deeds have not been eras of analysis, but eras when the creative imagination was at work. 🔊
- 10. Under such circumstances it does not behoove the State of Missouri to show the least countenance to any measure which might gratify this spirit. 🔊