Definition of Bodices plural of bodice
Short Example Sentence for Bodices
- 1. Her bodices always went wrong upon the shoulders. 🔊
How to use Bodices in Sentence?
- 1. He was lost in the whirl of the voluminous petticoats and buxom bodices which surged furiously around his scraggy shoulders. 🔊
- 2. They stood in the water with their skirts rolled up to their knees, but they still had on their white chemisettes and black bodices laced over them and pretty white caps trimmed with gay ribbins. 🔊
- 3. Over the shoulders of some of them hung fringe or mourning-weeds, and, every now and then, as they quivered with emotion, it seemed as if their bodices were about to fall down. 🔊
- 4. Sometimes this fickle goddess sends our waists up under our arms, and then a reaction sets in, and they lengthen gradually till the points and basques of our bodices reach very nearly to our knees. 🔊