Short & Simple Example Sentence For Burghers | Burghers Sentence
- But the decent burghers were not there.
- The burghers fought for their lives and their homes.
- The burghers themselves comprise the entire force.
- The burghers knew him somewhat too well to trust him.
- Not one of the burghers present doubted the outcome.
- But the worthy burghers had learned a twofold lesson.
- With a shout the burghers swore to fight to the last man.
- In wealth, rich burghers of my bounteous land?
- He could not have his burghers swamped by Uitlanders.
- The burghers were not long in suspecting the cause of his coming.
- I was in company with several worthy burghers of my native city.
- The burghers and mountaineers gave their answer in a similar vein.
- The burghers of the night fade one by one, ...
- This was what he did when he wrote to the burghers of Herford in Westphalia.
- The knights and burghers of Suabia were now assembling at Ulm.
- The burghers of Ambon show more of the Dutch element in their composition.
- He was sent in charge of two burghers to the Boer camp near Brandfort.
How To Use Burghers In A Sentence?
- They live far more sociably one with another than do the common burghers in the cities.
- As for the burghers who had taken refuge with him, the king showed them no mercy.
- When the gates gave way before their attacks the burghers defended the broken walls.
- Gayly decorated boats sailed to and fro, bringing more burghers from near and far.
- Indeed, the worthy burghers began to surmise that he knew more of these stories than mere hearsay.
- Each "commando" was formed from the burghers of military age of an electoral district.
- The burghers began to tune the melodies of a new music: a banausic artisan song.
- He was still convinced that the burghers would, in the end, yield to his demands.
- Van Artevelde called the burghers together, and told them what the situation was.
- But the Transvaal burghers dreaded absorption by their neighbours, and deposed him.
- On the way down he tarried in Hamburg long enough to give the good burghers a severe jolt.
- There lay the sole difference, and the square-toed Leipzig burghers did not perceive it.
- Along with this letter Gustavus sent one to the burghers in the town of Kalmar.
- For two months the town was held by the burghers and the castle by the Prefect Conrad.
- You English never had a right in the country, and the Burghers will in future enjoy the land.
- Then the burghers applied the same plaster to his wrath as they had done to the virtue of his representatives.
- At the gates was heaped up a ghastly memorial of the steadfastness of the burghers in their devotion to his cause.
- The burghers in the streets exult at their deliverance and some of the girls throw flowers to the troops.
- The good old times are now over when a score of burghers could with impunity produce one and the same rifle.
- And so the good old burghers threw another log on the fire and sat down to enjoy the cheerful blaze.
- The burghers had tasted the sweets of liberty, and were not ready to lose their dearly-bought independence.
- Their sufferings made the burghers very impatient for the relief of whose coming they could get no certain assurance.
- They range in subject from the stately interiors of grave and opulent burghers to tavern scenes of jollity and debauch.
Definition of Burghers
plural of burgher
What other website visitors are viewing?
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Burghers in a sentence
sentence with Burghers
Burghers used in a sentence
Burghers make sentence
make sentence with Burghers
make sentence of Burghers
Burghers sentence in english