Short & Simple Example Sentence For Calamity | Calamity Sentence
- It was calamity that made her so sensitive.
- This is a great calamity to him as well as to his master.
- Sudden domestic calamity . . .
- But a sad calamity fell upon him in his old age.
- But on the heels of this, another calamity overtook us.
- My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is...
- She brought the news of the calamity that had befallen the city.
- Everything tends to show that the calamity was totally unlooked for.
- The calamity had been foreseen, but to foresee is not to realize.
- In the present instance, however, no such calamity had befallen.
- Know, verily, that an unforeseen calamity followeth...
- There is the telephone That makes calamity of her repose.
- Its possession by Great Britain would indeed be a great calamity to us.
How To Use Calamity In A Sentence?
- There seemed to have been less danger of this calamity on the forty-fourth day than on any other.
- No calamity is so difficult to realise when it befalls as one which has haunted us in imagination.
- The evil is usually done before the farmer is well aware that the calamity has fallen upon him.
- It would be a calamity corresponding to that of a man losing by a stroke the memory of past years.
- He was, at the time when this calamity fell upon him, about forty years of age.
- What dire calamity to the confidin' native if chicken pox or whoopin' cough was aboard of you!
- In the days of this awful calamity there were few that remembered Michael Sunlocks.
- That calamity is a sufficient introduction to every roof, I trust, in a civilized country.
- I fear, I fear greatly, miss, that some calamity may occur on board this ship to-night.
- In the whole of Irish history no time brought such calamity to Ireland as the Victorian age.
- The words in which she spoke of her calamity seemed so pathetically simple that they went to his heart.
- This is such a fearful calamity that no terms should be regarded as too scathing in which to rebuke legalistic tendencies.
- The slave was not long in her presence when she bewailed the calamity that had come upon her beloved master.
- Something that made my blood run cold with a sickening apprehension of the calamity that had so nearly befallen us.
- A greater weight of public and private calamity and sorrow surely never fell at once on any individual.
- There be who perpetually complain of schisms and sects, and make it such a calamity that any man dissents from their maxims.
- Instinctively she felt her grandmother would feel that a calamity had befallen them in losing the patronage of the manager of the ten-cent store.
- I had not seemed to realize before how much of our trouble, our unspoken apprehension and dread of impending calamity was due to this man.
- Every calamity is a spur and valuable hint; and where his endeavors do not yet fully avail, they tell as tendency.
- The man who loses the use of his eyes suffers a terrible affliction; yet this calamity does not completely destroy his usefulness.
- The cook, asleep in his bunk in the shack, was quite unconscious of the calamity when the skipper roused him to demand explanations.
- A captive is chosen for the substitute so that a calamity incurred by a mischance in the proceedings may fall on him alone and not on the Kiowa.
- This calamity brutally aroused the Jews from their hundred-year-old illusions and brought them again to a sense of reality.
- All exalted minds, I said to myself, have been obliged to atone for their superiority by calamity and persecution.
- My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy.
- Directly the calamity was comprehended, the English poured money into the country with unbounded generosity, but the management was bad.
- I come from a wretched hut on the heath, within the ken of this affluent mansion, where I have witnessed calamity in the extreme.
Definition of Calamity
An event resulting in great loss. | The distress that results from some disaster.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Calamity in a sentence
sentence with Calamity
Calamity used in a sentence
Calamity make sentence
make sentence with Calamity
make sentence of Calamity
Calamity sentence in english