Definition of Caramel
Of a yellow-brown color. | (transitive, cooking, dated) To caramelize. | A smooth, chewy, sticky confection made by heating sugar and other ingredients until the sugars polymerize and become sticky.
How to use Caramel in Sentences?
- 1. In using the caramel add it just as you are about to serve the soup, or sauce colored with it. 🔊
- 2. Then pour the caramel into a mould or cake-tin, and let it run all round the sides of the tin. 🔊
- 3. The hat proved to be a great caramel cake, stuck all over with English walnuts, packed so carefully it was not a bit mashed. 🔊
- 4. The measure of one-half cup of nutmeg in the recipe for Caramel Pudding on p. 236 is undoubtedly an error. 🔊
- 5. When done pour over it a quart of boiling water and let it cook until the caramel is entirely dissolved, pour it out and when cold strain and bottle. 🔊