Definition of Carpus (anatomy) The group of bones that make up the wrist.
Short Example Sentence for Carpus
- 1. The RADIUS articulates with the bones of the carpus and forms the wrist-joint. 🔊
How to use Carpus in Sentence?
- 1. In Chelonians, the turtle and tortoise group, the characters of the carpus vary with the family. 🔊
- 2. The RADIUS articulates with the bones of the carpus and forms the wrist-joint. 🔊
- 3. The bone which is usually known as the wing metacarpal is frequently stouter at the proximal end towards the carpus than towards the phalange. 🔊
- 4. Don't clutch his carpus in your icy fist, But warm your fingers ere you take the wrist. 🔊
- 5. The facet for the wing metacarpal on the carpus is clearly recognised, but as a rule there is no surface with which the small metacarpals can be separately articulated. 🔊
- 6. From the carpus downwards the large metacarpal artery, the internal metacarpal vein, and the internal plantar nerve are in close relation with each other. 🔊