Definition of Comptroller The chief accountant of a company or government.
Short Example Sentence for Comptroller
- 1. The Comptroller General spoke about an hour. 🔊
- 2. Hence the Comptroller and I to Sir Rd. 🔊
- 3. The department of the Comptroller has had a very rapid succession of tenants. 🔊
- 4. Lambert, the Comptroller General, is thought to be very insecure. 🔊
- 5. Linage was for a number of years Treasurer and Comptroller of the India House. 🔊
How to use Comptroller in Sentence?
- 1. The comptroller has the absolute appointment of all receivers and fixes their compensation. 🔊
- 2. The Comptroller General, M. de Calonnes, has been very ill also, but he is getting well. 🔊
- 3. A bank receives from the comptroller of the treasury $100,000 in new bank-notes of its own issue. 🔊
- 4. Early in his incumbency he declared that his office was superfluous and should be abolished, the Comptroller assuming its duties. 🔊
- 5. There was in those days an immense difference in prospects between the nephew of the Comptroller of the Navy and a man unknown at headquarters. 🔊
- 6. He was so much in favour with king Charles, that he was made one of the gentlemen of the bedchamber, and comptroller of Woodstock park. 🔊