Short & Simple Example Sentence For Contradict | Contradict Sentence
- Wallie did not contradict her.
- You seem to me to contradict yourself.
- Godfrey had no desire to contradict him.
- The tantalizing talker is one who likes to contradict you.
- Mr. Weatherley did not contradict him.
- And I had never found it healthy to contradict Jenkins.
- Don't you contradict me.
- All the same you may confidently contradict any such denial as that.
- For he is compelled to contradict himself as soon as he makes the attempt.
- Here she looked round the dingy room as if daring it to contradict her.
- Not only does it contradict fact and experience, it contradicts reason.
- It was a relief to her that Olivia should contradict them promptly.
- Nathanael smiled, so loth to contradict her, or thwart her pretty ways.
- Still, woman, still D'ye contradict me?
- But, I repeat it, these two missions of the law contradict each other.
- When I introduced the word 'is,' did I not contradict what I said before?
- Why then d'ye contradict me, simpleton? SOSTRA.
- If 'no,' I contradict you--very rude.
How To Use Contradict In A Sentence?
- Before either man was quick enough to contradict her, the shock had done its work.
- The proverb says that liars need good memories, so as not to contradict their own sayings.
- From a logical standpoint, ideas may contradict each other, but that refers to their meaning.
- He at once wrote to the King, in order to contradict all that he had recently written.
- I did not exactly like this idea, but I could not contradict the calm, mellow voice.
- The President therefore at once requested Mr. Lansing to contradict the statements of the Press.
- Besides this, other readings have been given, all of which have the advantage that few can contradict them.
- But that does not contradict the other fact that pain is exhausting and that the fight against the pain decreases the resistance of the organism.
- He will at once point out that he is compelling us to contradict ourselves, by affirming being of not-being.
- The disappearance of the blue cloak was the only point which seemed to contradict the theory of accidental drowning.
- And try to contradict him, and he'll fill your house with a whole regiment of soldiers.
- Can ye, then, both be rightly applying the conceptions in matters wherein your opinions contradict each other?
- To say, then, that the book did not contain the sentiments of their party is not to contradict the author or to clear themselves.
- It will be observed that this fact does not contradict the law of definite composition, for entirely different substances are formed.
- Where the notes contradict the Instructions the orders conveyed by the former are to be followed.
- Though rather dark on the subject, it seems not to contradict the motion of the earth, or the doctrine of gravitation.
- Though he may be wholly guiltless, he cannot afford to contradict the customer, nor to challenge him to a vocal duel.
- His eyes rolled wildly, and those who knew him took care not to contradict him, or to have anything to say to him at all.
- Clearly, neither has any share in either; for if they say anything else, they will contradict themselves.
- And the last may be either a maker of long speeches, or of shorter speeches which compel the person conversing to contradict himself.
- Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider.
- With such things before our eyes, our feelings contradict our theories; and when this is the case, the feelings are true, and the theory is false.
Definition of Contradict
To deny the truth of (a statement or statements). | To deny the truth of the statement(s) made by (a person). | To be contrary to (something).
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Contradict in a sentence
sentence with Contradict
Contradict used in a sentence
Contradict make sentence
make sentence with Contradict
make sentence of Contradict
Contradict sentence in english