Short & Simple Example Sentence For Covert | Covert Sentence
- She did notice the covert cynicism.
- In covert fashion he began to study her.
- A covert loomed darkly in front of them.
- He had even borne the covert sneers of his acquaintances without retort.
- She was entirely oblivious of her father's covert glances.
- The only traces left by the covert side were fluffy feathers everywhere.
- His suggestion had come as the result of much covert study of his little wife.
- The priests of Denzuin had regarded him with covert amusement and repulsion.
- Jeannette Covert Nolan (A); 20Dec68; R451238.
- Jeannette Covert Nolan (A); 11Oct68; R445380.
- Maria detected a covert tone of delight in this woman's voice.
- Aunt Maria watched Maria's pitiful young face with covert glances.
How To Use Covert In A Sentence?
- From covert to covert and from house to house they trailed him and at last ran him down.
- He could not leave his covert behind the log for other shelter without my seeing him.
- We remain in the solitude of our covert without speech; almost without feeling.
- It was not so much the words as the tone, an inflection almost too fine to notice, a covert sneer.
- Did the listener detect an accent of covert satisfaction in the caller's low tones?
- He and she rode in together as modern men and women ride through a gate to the covert side at a fox-hunt.
- She had no doubt now that he loved her, and did not hesitate to assure him in many covert ways that the feeling was reciprocated.
- Presently the spoor takes them by a narrow game-path through impenetrable thorny covert six or eight feet high.
- The latter's eyes suddenly narrowed; a covert expectancy made itself felt in his manner.
- While they were there he was able to draw from his own speeches, covert or open, the relief that comes to a man in pain from moaning.
- She had a covert pleasure at the sight of her fair little face, in her black hat, above her black frock.
- The tactics adopted by influential persons who favored the movement, therefore, were of necessity covert and very much guarded.
- Out on the open prairies the grouse congregated in large flocks at certain seasons, and in every covert in the woods the quail could be found.
- Elsa might not be prepared to marry Arthur, but she certainly would not tolerate a covert sneer in regard to his accomplishments.
- She did not make a sound, but rose with a sudden stealthy motion like that of a wild, hunted thing who leaves its covert for farther flight.
- Picking up the envelope, Molly gave a covert glance around the absorbed circle and slipped the check inside.
- It might even," his accents had a covert mocking sound, "furnish a paragraph for one of the comic weeklies.
- This act contained covert allusions to papists, Spaniards, and governors recently appointed by the king.
- She suspected that one of the teachers, a young man who had paid, in a covert and shamefaced way, a little attention to her, had sent the basket.
- But we heard a loud shout on the slope above us, and a party of horsemen led by Wildfoot himself burst from the covert and charged down upon us.
- Very tersely, thought the girl; not, however, to spare himself; a covert ring of self-scorn precluded that idea.
- My covert seemed secure, and, resorting again to patience, I determined to lie there for a while and await the course of events.
- In the hedge bottom, along the covert side, or among broom and gorse, the farm labourer notices a pair of partridges roaming morning after morning.
- She had lived close to Nature then, and Content once or twice peeped forth at her from its covert with calm and gentle eyes.
- He was always contriving something for her pleasure and comfort; but Maria, when her father laughed, regarded him with covert wonder and reproach.
- After first finding out the whereabouts of the keeper, I fitted a trained game-cock with artificial spurs, and then took it to the covert side.
- Yet the more extravagant was the logic of this proceeding, the more urgent became the presumption of a covert motive, and that motive we soon saw to be this.
Definition of Covert
(now rare) Hidden, covered over; overgrown, sheltered. | (figuratively) Secret, surreptitious, concealed. | A covering.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Covert in a sentence
sentence with Covert
Covert used in a sentence
Covert make sentence
make sentence with Covert
make sentence of Covert
Covert sentence in english