Short & Simple Example Sentence For Cursory | Cursory Sentence
- I have in a cursory way looked over them.
- The clerk gave her a cursory glance.
- It is cursory glancing, desultory and wasteful.
- He made a cursory examination and shook his head dubiously.
- Nor did he make even a cursory search for the secret mine.
- We made no examination of these, not even a cursory one.
- My explanation must, of necessity, be cursory and brief.
- Boy made a cursory inspection of the pony's mouth.
- Except for cursory references, this pamphlet is of no great value.
- On a cursory examination they both declared it to be a genuine Michelangelo.
- A cursory glance showed him that the name of Morris Thornton was on it.
- This brief and cursory review of Ireland at Play must now conclude.
- Versailles only came under Napoleon's cursory regard for a brief moment.
How To Use Cursory In A Sentence?
- The cursory examination we were afforded measures the disadvantage of an itinerary.
- Is its treatment of the subject exhaustive and definite, or cursory and superficial?
- I have already given a cursory sketch of the geographical features of the whole continent.
- Here, a very cursory examination satisfied my visiters of the truth of my story.
- Pitt had but a cursory glance at the face, but it was enough to make him follow the owner of it.
- The power to estimate a book or an article on a cursory inspection is of great practical value.
- I regret, therefore, that it must here be dealt with only in a most cursory manner.
- That was the cursory verdict, the superficial thing to see and say; it will do to go on with.
- The several memoirs, so far as a cursory glance enables us to judge, are edited with great care.
- Madame Beattie turned upon it a cursory gaze, and gave a nod that seemed to accept its identity.
- His acquaintanceship with that clock must certainly have given him an advantage over the cursory observer!
- The supplies of the expedition were running too short to allow of any but a cursory examination of these two rivers.
- There was nothing complex about the mechanism; a cursory examination sufficed to reveal how it was operated.
- A cursory glance at it will appear to the youth of the present generation like a peep into a strange and fearful world.
- It is not possible in a chapter, a book or a five-foot shelf to limn all that is even of cursory interest.
- Their figures were much the same, and in the half-light a mere cursory glance could not have detected them apart.
- It is no longer dark and menacing, and anyone may satisfy himself by a cursory inspection that birds by no means shun it now.
- It was occupied to its limits by a Spanish family, so we took but the most cursory of glances into it.
- It is not, however, a distant or cursory glance that will give the observer a just idea of the mercantile importance of this busy capital.
- A cursory inspection quickly convinced Jack that the station was not of recent installation, but had been put in about the year 1918.
- The tree, which was low and wide branching, and overrun with lichens, appeared at a cursory glance to contain not one dry or decayed limb.
- Richard Carew condescended to reason a little before he resorted to that cold, cursory logic, but he might just as well have saved himself both.
- He informed my father that he had been mistaken in me, before ... that he had given me a too cursory look-over, judging me after the usual run ...
- Mr. Gould entered the room with a low, stealthy tread, and looked me over in a cursory way and yet with the air of a connoisseur.
- The most cursory glance at the preaching of the earliest heralds of the gospel will suffice to show the prominent place which they gave to this glorious fact.
- Anyone who takes a cursory glance at the heavens on a clear night can readily perceive that there exists considerable diversity of colour among the stars.
- Upon cursory examination, KU 40118 is notable for having a contrasting dorsal pattern and elongate, ranidlike proportions.
Definition of Cursory
hasty; superficial; careless | (obsolete) Running about; not stationary.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Cursory in a sentence
sentence with Cursory
Cursory used in a sentence
Cursory make sentence
make sentence with Cursory
make sentence of Cursory
Cursory sentence in english