Short & Simple Example Sentence For Deluge | Deluge Sentence
- Le deluge babylonien.
- He believed the deluge to have been universal.
- The heavens opened and a deluge fell out.
- It was under him that the great deluge took place.
- A deluge of water soon extinguished these.
- The deluge of sin has swept the world.
- Both stories tell of a great storm and deluge of water.
- I feel still the cold sweat deluge my brow.
- I perceive the deluge fell upon you before it reached us.
- He foresaw the Deluge that was to come.
- Free negroes would then deluge the great Northern cities.
- Yet within thirty years the deluge had been unloosed and swept all before it.
- Six days and nights the wind continued, the deluge and the tempest raged.
- Organized Labor was horrified by the deluge of "scabs" thus created.
- There was no "let up" of the deluge throughout that day and Easter-Monday.
- Twas all a shade, a darken'd scene, Old Noah's deluge come again!
- About two o'clock in the morning we were overwhelmed with a deluge of rain.
How To Use Deluge In A Sentence?
- Just as they reached this point the heavens opened and the clouds descended in a deluge of rain.
- I had caused her exceeding annoyance by my deluge and torrent of absurd letters ...
- Even while he looked, there was a great bulge in the central part, and a deluge burst through.
- A peace to the nations will nothing restore But the challenge of death and a deluge of gore!
- Nothing, nothing on earth, except perhaps a deluge of rain could now stop that torrent of fire.
- Warrington turned the key, and a deluge of cold salt-water struck Craig full in the chest.
- The account of the Deluge covers the eleventh tablet of the poem of Gilgames.
- For when the gen'ral deluge drown'd the world, Where could their tribes have found security?
- He was quite sincere in the feeling that if she were but safe he should be more or less indifferent to the deluge overwhelming himself.
- In his downfall he carried his instructor with him, and a deluge of tracts from the table above followed.
- This deluge of worthless periodicals and books can be counteracted only by gratuitous supplies from the public library.
- Men and horses bowed their heads before the deluge and the rain ran in streams from the manes and tails.
- One was the practise of helping forward every undertaking by a deluge of ardent spirit in some of its multifarious mistifications.
- Sun from the cloudless sky poured down on the unlovely prospect before them in a deluge of steaming, tropical heat.
- This precaution is especially necessary, for during the afternoon there has been a terrific thunderstorm and a sudden sharp deluge of rain.
- The light of free day stormed in on our prison-inured eyes in a blinding deluge of white and gold ...
- The last event was the signal at which the floods of the deluge fairly began to rise, and the revolutionary tide to swell.
- Many nations have preserved accounts of a deluge in which all people, except a family or two, were destroyed.
- As the two men looked at each other questioningly, there was a deafening crash and a huge deluge of water smashed down on the cook tent.
- The view of the Pyrenees from this point had always been celebrated before the deluge as one of the most remarkable in the world.
- As the ship righted itself, only to keel far to starboard the next minute, a deluge of water covered the deck.
- Fortunately, the hatch had been shut, and the deluge of water had not gone into the cabin, or the boat must have foundered.
- For Beatrice believed in having two strings to her bow and she had written her aunt a second deluge of complaints and requests.
Definition of Deluge
(transitive) To flood with water. | (transitive) To overwhelm. | A great flood or rain.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Deluge in a sentence
sentence with Deluge
Deluge used in a sentence
Deluge make sentence
make sentence with Deluge
make sentence of Deluge
Deluge sentence in english