Short & Simple Example Sentence For Despair | Despair Sentence
- Dull despair had taken possession of him.
- Why should you despair of obtaining success?
- Their novelists despair of the heart.
- And in my breast despair shuts out all counsel.
- I went on in blind despair towards my hotel.
- Any way the bitter black despair was gone from that time.
- In despair I thought of Mabel.
- How black was his despair when he felt himself sinking again!
- And to an inward consuming despair might perhaps have reduced me.
- His mother sent for her in despair at the boy's misery.
- I shall never forget it; there was both entreaty and despair in her eyes.
- Then noting the wild look of despair in his eyes, she was frightened.
- As I came in sight of it a feeling of almost despair swept over me.
- I tell you that I can no more despair that I can cease to love you!
- But, oh, the worse despair to see Thee live to earth, and die to me!
- Gray's stony despair gave way; the hard, desperate look on his face softened.
- Father Claude had never before seen despair in Menard's eyes.
- In dull despair Gray had submitted to Lumley's plan for escaping the police.
How To Use Despair In A Sentence?
- His limbs trembled, and in despair he looked for something to steady him in the ordeal.
- If despair and desperation were in his heart, he pushed them back with a strong hand.
- Dame Webber and her daughter were in despair at what they conceived a returning touch of insanity.
- Swiftly she rose, and with a little gesture full of despair and abnegation and farewell, left him.
- He had looked upon the development and the despair of the Rome road with increasing interest.
- But the despair which we mean, and which Luther meant, is genuine spiritual despair.
- In sheer despair he finally drew the boat toward the most accessible part of the cliff and essayed to ascend.
- She only felt the despair of the convict and almost wished herself one, so that she might hide in a cell.
- Almost in despair the two aeronauts cast about them for something which could be hurled over the side to lighten the weight of the balloon.
- So she laid her head upon her brother's breast in a fit of despair and wept bitterly.
- There was a look of resigned despair on his face and Mary smiled sympathetically at him as she went out.
- He had reached the further side of the obstruction, and sat down on a stump, in despair of heart and exhaustion of body.
- All hope of guiding her was at an end, and the captain and crew stood waiting in despair for the death which could not be far distant.
- He was too far gone in despair to have even a flicker of curiosity as to how Lumley came to be lying there.
- But it is notorious that despair makes every one a soldier, and that even scythes and axes are good weapons in resolute hands.
- One of the servants had seen a mouse, or a heart had been broken; for who was to know that despair and fright only have one sound to express them?
- With smiles on their faces and despair in their hearts, the Dublin belles returned to the dancing-hall.
- He had been trying to mount the horse by his unaided efforts, and had given up the attempt in despair just before Gray woke.
- Mr. Curran, unaware of the interchange of sundry tender glances in the cloak-room, did not despair of success.
- Then are his passions also inflamed: the despair that is in him Out of his heart breaks forth, and takes shape in criminal action.
- The words of Heaven are not equivocal, As in despair the poor oppress'd one thinks.
- They have a habit of taking themselves for granted, and that habit is responsible for nine-tenths of the boredom and despair on the face of the planet.
Definition of Despair
(transitive, obsolete) To give up as beyond hope or expectation; to despair of. | (transitive, obsolete) To cause to despair. | (intransitive, often with “of”) To be hopeless; to have no hope; to give up all hope or expectation.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Despair in a sentence
sentence with Despair
Despair used in a sentence
Despair make sentence
make sentence with Despair
make sentence of Despair
Despair sentence in english